Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Cassie pencil skirt...an golden oldie never goes out of style!

The first time that I saw a Cassie pencil skirt, I was immediately transported back in time to Grease and Grease 2. I guess some styles are just timeless and never go out of style. But even now, when the Cassie skirt is an integral part of my wardrobe, every time I pull on a Cassie I remember my favorite scenes in the movies with Betty Rizzo and Stephanie Zanoni. Remember? Michelle Pfeiffer realizes on the first day of school that she's the only one wearing pants and pulls out a tan pencil skirt to pull over her capri-length leggings? And Stockard Channing...always wearing her trademark black knee-length sexy pencil skirt. 

It should not be a surprise that the pencil skirt is still in style as much now as it was then in the 1950s and 1960s as it is an incredibly flattering and slimming skirt that is just as fashionable for a trip to the mall as it is for an evening out for a nice dinner. And the Cassie? It's the best pencil skirt imaginable. I joke with other Lularoe fans that I collect Cassie skirts like most Lularoers collect leggings...I love them that much. I live in Texas where eight months of the year, it's just not a practical temperature to wear leggings. This is where Cassie skirts come in. I have worn them to do literally everything. I wear them to work with sandals. I wear them to the mall to go shopping with friends. I wear them to lunch. I wear them out to dinner. I have worn a Cassie to get a tattoo on my ankle. I even have discovered that Cassies are the perfect solution for getting pedicures done because they are the perfect length at the knee where you don't have to roll up your pant legs. I am not a fan of shorts and never have been, so for me, the Cassie skirt is the perfect solution to my summer woes. Plus, the fabric is cool, comfortable and breathable, not to mention stretchy and flexible, so for our blazing Texas summers, they are perfect. 







The construction is quite simple of the Cassie. It is a uniform appearance all the way around the skirt (the only way to tell what is the back is the tag) with a slightly longer length (just slightly) in the back to accomodate for the curves in the trunk. The waistband is an elastic five inch band, similar to a yoga waistband, which pulls up and stays in place. If you are wearing a Spanx or other sort of undershort, you may notice that it slides a bit during the day because the fabric that the Cassie is made from is so soft, but for the most part, it stays right where you put it and doesn't move. 

When I first tried on a Cassie last summer, my first reaction was no. JUST NO. I don't wear skirts! Right? Then I realized that I really WAS a skirt wearer and these are super-comfortable to wear either to work, to dinner or just on the weekends to go shopping. I pair them with Spanx underneath so it's like wearing shorts and a t-shirt but more comfortable and more dressy, and the look is very classy, comfortable and sexy. The fabric that most of them are made of is a crepe-like stretchy fabric that is incredibly comfortable and soft. The skirts that aren't made out of the crepe fabric are made of a knit fabric which is just as soft and cozy and breathable as the crepe counterparts. And the best part? They require no ironing which is one of my favorite things about them. They are the epitome of wash and wear. I actually recently moved my Cassie skirts into drawers after realizing that there is really no point in keeping them hung up since they really don't wrinkle. 


The number of prints and colors that Cassies are made in is almost as varied as the prints and colors that leggings come in. It is Lularoe's most popular skirt. My favorite Cassies are the ones that have so many colors in them because the possibilities of shirts to wear with them is endless. Every time the look is different because whatever shirt you are wearing brings out the corresponding color in the skirt to the forefront. The Elegance line released in 2016 also included Cassie skirts in a variety of fabrics with metallics and foils.

One of the other great things about the Cassie is the versatility and the options that you can use it for styling. While I have acquired the majority of mine for the purpose of wearing them in the summer, they easily transition to the winter by sliding them over leggings. These skirts can also double as a stylish infinity scarf. They are very comfortable and soft around the neck because of the lining on the inside, and not at all itchy or scratchy or hot. 



 


And lastly, while the Cassie is very stretchy and has a lot of give to it, it is slimming at the
2XL Cassie over 3XL Cassie
same time. My true size is a 2XL which I can wear in a Cassie, but I prefer a 3XL for me since I wear them over leggings. There's very little difference between the 2XL and 3XL as you can see in the picture where I laid the 2X over the 3X. Once you find your true size in Cassie, it's game on as there are so many fun patterns and prints out there. If you have tried this skirt and didn't like how clingy it was, try sizing up. The waistband is still going to be very fitting and slim but will give you a little more room, and you might just find a new best friend that will make you feel just like a Pink Lady!

The minimum advertised price (MAP) set by Lularoe for the Cassie skirt is $35.00.

If there are any questions about the Cassie skirt, please post them below. Make it a great Lularoe day!

No comments:

Post a Comment