Monday, January 2, 2017

Day #2: Why was today a holiday?

I have never quite figured out why New Year's Day or especially the day after New Year's day is a holiday. To me, it seems very strange. I get why New Year's Eve is special; it's the last day of the year. The first day of the year? That's a happy day and the start of a whole new clean slate.

I guess what I'm getting at is WHY WAS THE MAIL NOT RUNNING!? It is a Monday! I want my Lularoe!!!! I look forward to opening that!!

Anyone notice my iMood addition to my blog to the right or the fact that I figured out a way where you can sign up for text notifications when I publish a new article? Pretty neat. Anyway, my status is relieved. I don't want to get into all the specific details, but I was having some pretty significant problems at work this past week. It turns out that it was ALL a misunderstanding (a pretty significant one if you ask me) and miscommunication (imagine that) and they asked me to stay and give them another chance. I'm so relieved I can't even express. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders! So, all you girls that reminded me that Lularoe is hiring? Sorry, gotta stick with insurance!!!! My new all-male team needs some estrogen to balance them out. *wink* You ladies are stuck with me endorsing you!

As for work? Well...that's not apple juice in my hand....For Monday, I signed up for the skeleton crew at work which actually turned out just to be me alone. I wanted to be comfortable but still look nice, and the high today was 72, so I decided to wear a Maxi skirt over bare legs with sandals. I remember when I bought this skirt and I loved it SO much; it reminded me of kind of a New Age patchwork quilt pattern! The colors in it are so varied that you can match a ton of shirts with it. It's a mesh block design of black, tan, coral pink, blue-gray, teal, and pale yellow. It's made out of the tencel material, so it's very silky and slinky. I paired it with a stone-colored mineral wash Classic and a light cotton heathered sky blue Lindsay cardigan. Perfect. For accessories, I am wearing black and gold Teva sandals, a silver Kenneth Cole watch with a pink pearl face, a labradorite cocktail ring, a plaid headband in the same colors, and a pair of handmade champagne flute earrings with champagne beads to celebrate the new year.






Thanks for reading, welcome back to work if this is your first day back after the holiday, and make it a great Lularoe day!

No comments:

Post a Comment