Thursday, January 5, 2017

Day #3: Layers, layers and more layers!

Snow flurries tomorrow. Really? Argh. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that it's finally starting to act like winter around here, but I have a feeling when March comes I will be so happy to wear sandals again!

I've had some very big changes at work this week, which means I'm going to start traveling again, so I haven't done as great with blogging EVERY day as I wanted...but the changes at work are really positive and I'm going to be back out in the field. I'm leaving for Sacramento, California on Sunday.


On Wednesday, I wore a gorgeous new Nicole that I honestly wish I had bought months ago after hostessing for Laura Lindsay. I was very lucky that she still had it during her end of the year sale, and I can't be happier that I gave it a try. It is a dark blue, almost navy background, with a pale platinum gray lace pattern overlaying it. I wore light blue leggings underneath, a white lace Joy on top with a navy blue Sarah with white heathering, and to top it all off, my blue Mimi since the temperatures dropped like a rock in a pond while I was at work that day. I think what I liked the most about this outfit was that the white lace Joy really went well with the pattern on the dress. White is generally a spring and summer color, but in this case, it was a perfect combination with the lace pattern especially for winter....kind of like snowflakes! And the blues, even though they were all different shades, all complimented each other well. 

 ...and then the leggings!
As each layer comes off...

Wearing a Sarah layered over a Joy really adds a different dimension to the duster cardigan. They are the the same length, so the lace worn under the Joy almost makes the Sarah look lined. It's a really unique way to dress up the Sarah when wearing it with a dress. For accessories, I am wearing a pair of blue Skecher ballet flats, a pearl headband, a pair of silver seashell and pearl drop earrings, a silver and cubic zirconia cocktail ring from Brighton, and a silver Fossil watch with a white marble face. 

And for fun, I decided to paint my nails in a complimentary color...OPI Live and Let Die! 

This really has been the first week of the season that I've gotten to really wear my Mimi scarf and enjoy it, and I'm just loving it. They are so soft and warm, and they layer perfectly over your outfit, no matter how many layers you are wearing. And they are really comfortable and not scratchy at all. I'm really glad that I made the investment to get the ones that I wanted for this year rather than replacing my leather jacket from years past. 

The blue Mimi I am wearing is available for purchase from Lisa Mims. 

The dark blue with platinum lace Nicole is available for purchase in a 3XL from Laura Lindsay. 

The navy blue heathered Sarah is available for purchase in an XL from Katie McReynolds.

The white lace Joy is a little out of season as that is more of an item sold in the spring, but white knit Joys are very popular right now and Serena Cervantes has the white knit Joy in S, L and XL available for purchase. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful Friday as the first week of 2017 draws to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment