Sunday, January 8, 2017

Day #5: When life hands you lemons....enjoy them!!!

I don't know what it was about this print that I loved so much when I saw it at a vendor event in McKinney, but I really, really did. Nor can I explain what possessed me to buy a lemon shade of yellow in a Monroe with a black fringe even after my best friend told me it would make me look like a bumblebee. 

All I know is that together, these two items of clothing look fantastic. And I never even planned to put them together. I had no plans for the lemon Monroe other than I thought a yellow kimono would be a great thing to have and I loved the sunny color. And I didn't think I would ever find the lemons in ANY piece, much less a Nicole dress which is a favorite style of mine. 

And I didn't. This was a wonderful gift from a consultant that I hostessed for twice who knew I wanted it. It was a unicorn for me. The word "unicorn" in Lula-vocabulary means a piece of Lularoe that you are looking for in a specific style, print and size and are hunting for. It's a fabled creature, a creature of mythology and in Lularoe-world, you question its very existence!

The lemon yellow shade of yellow in the Monroe picks up the lemons, the swingy black fringe matches the twirly style in the Nicole....put together, this is a perfect outfit. Very fun, good in winter due to the dark color of the dress but colorful and sunny in spring because of the gorgeous creamy yellow. 

Paired with black flats or black sandals, this is perfect. And....not bumblebee-like at all. 

Maybe a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment